Certificate of the Federal Office for Information Security: Download
We thank you for your support and your trust! For us, it is not only our legal obligation but rather our own requirement to process your data with the highest degree of care. This is why we adhere to the following basic principles every time we process your data:
- We do not use personal information gathered for the European Citizens’ Initiative Stop Extremism for any other purpose than the support mentioned (Art. 12 para. 3, Regulation (EU) 211/2011).
- We destroy all received statements of support in the context of this European Citizens’ Initiative as well as any possible copies of these
- one month after submitting this European Citizens’ Initiative to the Commission or
- IN ANY CASE 18 months after registration of this European Citizens’ Initiative, in other words on 12 December 2018 (Art. 12 para. 3, Regulation (EU) 211/2011).
- Should storage beyond the times stated in Point 2 be NECESSARY through legal or administrative reasons, to conclude the inspection process for instance, we destroy all statements of support as well as possible copies of the same one week after the conclusion of the process mentioned (Art. 12 para. 5, Regulation (EU) 211/2011).
- As organisers, we are responsible for processing (Art. 12 para. 2, Regulation (EU) 211/2011). The association European Citizens’ Initiative against Extremism serves as our data processor (service provider), by storing the statements of support and forwarding them to us at a given time, especially in the case of the conclusion of the Citizens’ Initiative.
- We use an online collection system that has adequate security features (see Certificate of the Federal Office for Information Security of 23 June 2017).
- If you provide us with your contact information, we will be happy to keep you up to date with our newsletter. We use your name and email address for this. This information is not passed on by us and is only used for giving you information on the European Citizens’ Initiative Stop Extremism. You can sign out of the newsletter contact list at any time. As long as you do not opt out we store your contact information and use it for the purpose of informing you because the containment of extremism does not end with a decision of the European Commission or acceptance by the European Parliament or even implementation in the Member States. For this reason, Art. 20 of our draft for an anti-extremism directive stipulates a temporally unrestricted reporting obligation of the European Commission.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. In general, the information generated by the cookie on your use of this website is transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there. In case of activation of the IP-anonymisation on this website, your IP address will, however, be shortened beforehand by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information, on behalf of the operator of this website, to assess your use of the website, to put together reports on website activities and to perform other services connected to website usage and internet usage with respect to the website operator. The IP address transferred from your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies through an appropriate setting of your browser software; however we must point out, that in this case, you will not be able not to use all functions of this website to their full extent.
- Apart from the cookies used by Google Analytics, our website uses two cookies for storing so-called sessions.
- We inform you that the transfer of data on the internet (for example by email) exhibits security gaps, and unbroken security as regards data from access by third parties cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, we do not assume any liability of any kind for damages occurring due to such security gaps. (source: Disclaimer-Muster).